Trying to sync between Mac and iPhone and getting a "Your SplashID Safe password on IOS and desktop do not match. Please lock and unlock your IOS device , you will be prompted to update your SplashID Safe password.".
Passwords have always been the same and lock and unlocking does nothing. Any ideas?
Thanks for contacting us. Are the versions up-to-date?
Also, when you launch the SplashID app on both Mac and iPhone – what email address is displayed in the login screen? Does it match exactly?
Here are some possible reasons for WiFi sync not working:
1. The SplashID Safe email address does not match on the handheld client and the desktop client. Make sure it is exactly the same.
2. The master passwords are not the same. Make sure they are exactly the same.
3. The desktop app is not running, or it is in a locked state. Login to the SplashID Desktop app.
4. The SplashID Desktop is not allowed through your firewall software. Make sure it is allowed.
OR, temporarily disable any firewall and antivirus software completely (including any OS built-in ones) and see WiFi sync works fine then.
5. The desktop computer and mobile device are not on the same WiFi network. Make sure WiFi is turned on on both devices and they are connected to the same network.
6. There is a VPN, virtual machine, or other network interface active. This can cause SplashID to latch onto the wrong network interface. Disable any other interfaces besides the WiFi network or the Ethernet if that is what the desktop computer is connecting to.
Please try exiting both apps, and restarting your computer and your mobile device to see if that clears it up.
Please also try power-cycling your WiFi router/modem – disconnect from AC power for 10-15 seconds.
SplashData has been a leading provider of security applications and services for over 10 years. The company's secure password and record management solution SplashID Safe has over 1 million individual users worldwide as well as hundreds of business and enterprise clients. SplashData was founded in 2000 and is based in Los Gatos, CA.