I have been unsuccessful linking my desktop with my Android (Samsung Galaxy4) smartphone. Is there someone I can call to walk me through the process?
Thanks for contacting us. Sorry, but we do not offer phone support at this time.
Please review the WiFi sync instructions in the User Guide:
Here are some possible reasons for WiFi sync not working:
1. The email address does not match on the handheld client and the desktop client. Make sure it is exactly the same.
2. The passwords are not the same. Make sure they are exactly the same.
3. The desktop app is not running, or it is in a locked state. Login to the SplashID Desktop app.
4. The SplashID Desktop is not allowed through your firewall software. Make sure it is allowed.
5. The desktop computer and mobile device are not on the same WiFi network. Make sure WiFi is turned on on both devices and they are connected to the same network.
6. There is a VPN, virtual machine, or other network interface active. This can cause SplashID to latch onto the wrong network interface. Disable any other interfaces besides the WiFi network or the Ethernet if that is what the desktop computer is connecting to.
Please try exiting both apps, and restarting to see if that clears it up.
SplashData has been a leading provider of security applications and services for over 10 years. The company's secure password and record management solution SplashID Safe has over 1 million individual users worldwide as well as hundreds of business and enterprise clients. SplashData was founded in 2000 and is based in Los Gatos, CA.