Okay, I am at my wit's end. I have been trying to access SplashID on my laptop all week and it says my password isn't correct. The password works fine on my iPhone app and luckily I can access my passwords there. I pay the monthly fee for the Cloud sync and I am absolutely getting fed up with this. I have downloaded the desktop app twice, when I try to log in I get "null" as the user name but my password works. The only problem is the records it pulls up are old ones. I can't even get in through the website even though my username is the same as on the iPhone. I am very close to choosing another company and I am especially upset that you people do not have telephone tech support. If I don't hear from someone within 24 hours, I will be canceling my account. I am sure that will be a chore as well.
Thanks for contacting us. I think you need to reset SplashID Safe on Windows.
First locate and rename the SplashID Data folder:
1) open the file explorer
2) browse to Documents\SplashData\SplashID\
3) click the folder name, to make it editable, and add .old to the end, so it’s SplashID.old
Now make sure you update to the latest version of the app.
Then launch the SplashID Desktop again, and go through the guided setup.
Now to get your data back:
- If you have good data on the cloud, it will download automatically.
- If you have good data on the Android app, use the Backup command found in Settings on the SplashID Android app. Then do a WiFi sync with the SplashID Desktop (you may wish to set the sync setting to handheld overwrites desktop first).
- If you have good data on the iPhone / iPad app, use the Send Records command in the Settings screen to send yourself all records as a vID file via email. Then do a WiFi sync with the SplashID Desktop (you may wish to set the sync setting to handheld overwrites desktop first).
- If you need to restore a backup vID file, you can just find the backup file you want to import and double-click it. You will need to enter the password that was set at the time the backup file was exported.
Auto-backup files are saved here:
This question has received the maximum number of answers.
SplashData has been a leading provider of security applications and services for over 10 years. The company's secure password and record management solution SplashID Safe has over 1 million individual users worldwide as well as hundreds of business and enterprise clients. SplashData was founded in 2000 and is based in Los Gatos, CA.