I usually did the sync over local wifi and although I have not changed any settings on my iPhone and iPad, I am not able to sync anymore with my mac. I have the correct IP address for the sync, but when I start the sync on my mobile device, the sync is refused for both iPhone and iPad. micview
Here are some possible reasons for WiFi sync not working:
1. The email address does not match on the handheld client and the desktop client. Make sure it is exactly the same.
2. The passwords are not the same. Make sure they are exactly the same.
3. The desktop app is not running, or it is in a locked state. Login to the SplashID Desktop app.
4. The SplashID Desktop is not allowed through your firewall software. Make sure it is allowed.
5. The desktop computer and mobile device are not on the same WiFi network. Make sure WiFi is turned on on both devices and they are connected to the same network.
6. There is a VPN, virtual machine, or other network interface active. This can cause SplashID to latch onto the wrong network interface. Disable any other interfaces besides the WiFi network or the Ethernet if that is what the desktop computer is connecting to.
Please try exiting both apps, and restarting to see if that clears it up.
Please make sure you have the latest build:
If you’re still having issues with WiFi sync, please submit a customer support case:
First off, make sure you have the latest version of the Mac or Windows desktop. Release notes and downloads can be found here:
If that doesn’t help, try restarting your computer and rebooting the mobile device. That may reset the network connection to get it working again.
This question has received the maximum number of answers.
SplashData has been a leading provider of security applications and services for over 10 years. The company's secure password and record management solution SplashID Safe has over 1 million individual users worldwide as well as hundreds of business and enterprise clients. SplashData was founded in 2000 and is based in Los Gatos, CA.