How do I get past the error message that I must "review my internet settings and try again"
What should these settings be? How / why different than they have always been?
The first time you setup SplashID, it needs to connect to the server to check your license and account sync method
If you have a firewall or other networking obstacle in the way, SplashID may not be able to connect.
Try disabling or adding SplashID as an allowed app to the firewall, then try setup again.
Thanks for contacting us. If it’s not the firewall on your Mac getting in the way, it could be a firewall on your router. You could try activating on a different network if you cannot configure your router to allow SplashID to call out.
Thanks for contacting us.
Here are some possible reasons for SplashShopper iOS WiFi sync not working:
1. The desktop app is not running, or it is in a locked state. Login to the SplashShopper Desktop app, and make sure no additional windows are open, just the main window.
2. (PC) iTunes or Bonjour are not installed, or Bonjour is disabled. Please make sure Bonjour service is installed and running.
3. The SplashShopper Desktop is not allowed through your firewall software. Make sure it is allowed.
OR, temporarily disable any firewall and antivirus software completely (including any OS built-in ones) and see WiFi sync works fine then.
4. The desktop computer and mobile device are not on the same WiFi network. Make sure WiFi is turned on on both devices and they are connected to the same network.
If your WiFi router has both a named and a Guest network, please make sure the iOS device is connected to the named network.
5. There is a VPN, virtual machine, or other network interface active. This can cause SplashShopper Desktop to latch onto the wrong network interface. Disable any other interfaces besides the WiFi network or the Ethernet if that is what the desktop computer is connecting to.
Please try exiting both apps, and restarting your computer and your mobile device to see if that clears it up.
Please also try power-cycling your WiFi router/modem – disconnect from AC power for 10-15 seconds.
SplashData has been a leading provider of security applications and services for over 10 years. The company's secure password and record management solution SplashID Safe has over 1 million individual users worldwide as well as hundreds of business and enterprise clients. SplashData was founded in 2000 and is based in Los Gatos, CA.