When I downloaded SplashID to my desktop, the wrong email address was entered, and now I cannot change it. I have removed the program from my desktop, and re-installed it, but when it the program is reinstalled, it still has the wrong email address.
When I go to settings and try to change the email address, I am redirected to the web site which has the correct email address.
How do I change the desktop email address so I can use the software on my desktop?
Here are instructions (don’t worry about the length here, it’s actually straightforward following each step).
First locate and rename the SplashID data folder:
1) Open File Explorer
2) browse to Documents\SplashData\
3) you may find both a “SplashID” and a “SplashID.8” folder
4) click each folder name to make it editable, and add .old to the end, so it’s “SplashID.old”, and “SplashID.8.old”, respectively.
Launch SplashID for Windows again, and go through the guided setup.
If you need to get your records back:
- If you are using Cloud Sync, records will download automatically. If you want to use different records, you can choose a different backup from your SplashID Backup folders in the main menu.
- If you are using WiFi Sync and have good records on the SplashID for Android app, use the Backup command found in Settings on the Android app. Then do a WiFi sync with SplashID for Windows (you may wish to set the sync setting to “Handheld overwrites desktop” first).
- If you are using WiFi Sync have good data on the iPhone / iPad app, use the Send Records command in the Settings screen to send yourself all records as a vID file via email. Then do a WiFi sync with SplashID for Windows (you may wish to set the sync setting to “Handheld overwrites desktop” first).
- If you need to restore a backup vID file, you just find the backup file you want to import and double-click it. You will need to enter the password that was set at the time the backup file was exported.
Auto-backup files are saved here:
This question has received the maximum number of answers.
SplashData has been a leading provider of security applications and services for over 10 years. The company's secure password and record management solution SplashID Safe has over 1 million individual users worldwide as well as hundreds of business and enterprise clients. SplashData was founded in 2000 and is based in Los Gatos, CA.