I have upgraded to Splash ID 8 on my macbook pro which is running OSX 10.10.2. Every time i try to launch the app it crashes. I have tried re-downloading numerous times, i have gone and deleted folders associated with Splash ID thinking one might have a corrupt file and nothing is working.
I upgraded on my Mac desktop as well and it seems to be running although there is an issue. After the upgrade the majority of my categories had been deleted and my entries now unfiled. I figured no big deal I will just re create the categories. It lets me re-create categories and then categorize my files however, every time i exit and re-open the app the category has been deleted again and the item is once again unfiled.
If you could assist with these 2 issues it would be much appreciated.
Thanks for contacting us. First locate and rename the SplashID Data folder:
1) open the finder
2) click the Go menu, then Go to Folder
3) copy and paste in: ~/Library/Containers/com.splashdata.splashidmac/
4) hit enter
5) click the folder name, to make it editable, and add .old to the end, so it’s com.splashdata.splashidmac.old
Now make sure you update to the latest version of the app.
Then launch the SplashID Desktop again, and go through the guided setup.
Now to get your data back:
- If you have good data on the cloud, it will download automatically.
- If you have good data on the Android app, use the Backup command found in Settings on the SplashID Android app. Then do a WiFi sync with the SplashID Desktop (you may wish to set the sync setting to handheld overwrites desktop first).
- If you have good data on the iPhone / iPad app, use the Send Records command in the Settings screen to send yourself all records as a vID file via email. Then do a WiFi sync with the SplashID Desktop (you may wish to set the sync setting to handheld overwrites desktop first).
- If you need to restore a backup vID file, you can just find the backup file you want to import and double-click it. You will need to enter the password that was set at the time the backup file was exported.
Auto-backup files are saved here:
Mac (v.7): ~/Library/Containers/com.splashdata.splashidmac.old/Data/Library/SplashID Safe/Backup/
Mac (v.6): ~/Library/SplashID/Backup/
Tip: Since the Library folder is hidden on Mac OS 10.7 or later, the easiest way to get to the backup folder is to
1) Open the finder
2) Click the Go menu, then Go to Folder
3) copy and paste the full path above.
Please try making a trivial edit to that missing record and see if it will synchronize correctly.
SplashData has been a leading provider of security applications and services for over 10 years. The company's secure password and record management solution SplashID Safe has over 1 million individual users worldwide as well as hundreds of business and enterprise clients. SplashData was founded in 2000 and is based in Los Gatos, CA.