I just upgraded my windows desktop to splashdata v8 and wifi sync immediately stopped working. The discovery function does not find the desktop instance and manually inputting the IP address still does not result in sync.
I have v8 on my iPhone.
Here are some possible reasons for WiFi sync not working:
1. The SplashID Safe email address does not match on the handheld client and the desktop client. Make sure it is exactly the same.
2. The master passwords are not the same. Make sure they are exactly the same.
3. The desktop app is not running, or it is in a locked state. Login to the SplashID Safe Desktop app.
4. The SplashID Desktop is not allowed through your firewall software. Make sure it is allowed.
OR, temporarily disable any firewall and antivirus software completely (including any OS built-in ones) and see if WiFi sync works fine then.
5. The desktop computer and mobile device are not on the same WiFi network. Make sure WiFi is turned on on both devices and they are connected to the same network. (Note: The computer can be connected to the network/router via a LAN wire instead of WiFi, that works too.)
6. There is a VPN, virtual machine, or other network interface active on your computer. This can cause SplashID Desktop app to latch onto the wrong network interface. Please disable any other interfaces besides the WiFi network or the Ethernet if that is what the desktop computer is connecting to.
Please try exiting both apps, and restarting your computer and your mobile device to see if that clears it up.
Please also try power-cycling your WiFi router/modem – disconnect from AC power for 10-15 seconds.
Thanks so much for share your valuable feedback with us. Nothing matters more to us than making our customers happy with SplashID. We will take it into consideration when updating SplashID.
I am sorry we do not have any plans as of now to add VM Ware compatibility to Personal edition as of now.
I am not sure but, our Teams or Enterprise editions might support VM ware, if you wish you can try that.
SplashData has been a leading provider of security applications and services for over 10 years. The company's secure password and record management solution SplashID Safe has over 1 million individual users worldwide as well as hundreds of business and enterprise clients. SplashData was founded in 2000 and is based in Los Gatos, CA.