When I open Splash ID it appears as if it is encrypted.
I can see parts of my entries but other parts are in a different language/symbols.
How do I fix this?
Thanks for contacting us. Please submit a support request with more info as requested by the email form:
This is a public Q&A post, and not an appropriate channel for personalized support like you require. The email form asks for device info, OS versions, app versions, etc, and the dialog is not posted online for others to read, in case account specific info is needed.
I’d like to know whether you have SplashID on a mobile device with good data? If so, we can just reset the SplashID Desktop and restore from the device.
First locate and rename the SplashID Data folder:
1) open the finder
2) click the Go menu, then Go to Folder
3) copy and paste in: ~/Library/Containers/com.splashdata.splashidmac/
4) hit enter
5) click the folder name, to make it editable, and add .old to the end, so it’s com.splashdata.splashidmac.old
Now make sure you update to the latest version of the app.
Then launch the SplashID Desktop again, and go through the guided setup.
Now to get your data back:
- If you have good data on the cloud, it will download automatically.
- If you have good data on the Android app, use the Backup command found in Settings on the SplashID Android app. Then do a WiFi sync with the SplashID Desktop (you may wish to set the sync setting to handheld overwrites desktop first).
- If you have good data on the iPhone / iPad app, use the Send Records command in the Settings screen to send yourself all records as a vID file via email. Then do a WiFi sync with the SplashID Desktop (you may wish to set the sync setting to handheld overwrites desktop first).
- If you need to restore a backup vID file, you can just find the backup file you want to import and double-click it. You will need to enter the password that was set at the time the backup file was exported.
Auto-backup files are saved here:
Mac (v.7): ~/Library/Containers/com.splashdata.splashidmac.old/Data/Library/SplashID Safe/Backup/
Mac (v.6): ~/Library/SplashID/Backup/
Tip: Since the Library folder is hidden on Mac OS 10.7 or later, the easiest way to get to the backup folder is to
1) Open the finder
2) Click the Go menu, then Go to Folder
3) copy and paste the full path above.
SplashData has been a leading provider of security applications and services for over 10 years. The company's secure password and record management solution SplashID Safe has over 1 million individual users worldwide as well as hundreds of business and enterprise clients. SplashData was founded in 2000 and is based in Los Gatos, CA.