I just upgraded last night to desktop version 8 but have now lost about half my records. What do I do to get them back. I am afraid to sync with my iphone which still has all my records for fear of loosing them.
Thanks for contacting us. Actually, your iPhone will restore them to your desktop.
First locate and rename the SplashID Data folder:
1) open the file explorer
2) browse to Documents\SplashData\
3) you may find both a “SplashID” and a “SplashID.8” folder
4) click each folder name, to make it editable, and add .old to the end, so it’s SplashID.old, and SplashID.8.old, respectively.
Now make sure you update to the latest version of the app.
Then launch the SplashID Desktop again, and go through the guided setup.
Now to get your data back:
- If you have good data on the cloud, it will download automatically.
- If you have good data on the Android app, use the Backup command found in Settings on the SplashID Android app. Then do a WiFi sync with the SplashID Desktop (you may wish to set the sync setting to handheld overwrites desktop first).
- If you have good data on the iPhone / iPad app, use the Send Records command in the Settings screen to send yourself all records as a vID file via email. Then do a WiFi sync with the SplashID Desktop (you may wish to set the sync setting to handheld overwrites desktop first).
- If you need to restore a backup vID file, you can just find the backup file you want to import and double-click it. You will need to enter the password that was set at the time the backup file was exported.
Auto-backup files are saved here:
Great! Thanks for letting me know.
Cloud sync is not required. WiFi sync will continue to be supported.
Some features require cloud sync because of the technical requirements.
SplashData has been a leading provider of security applications and services for over 10 years. The company's secure password and record management solution SplashID Safe has over 1 million individual users worldwide as well as hundreds of business and enterprise clients. SplashData was founded in 2000 and is based in Los Gatos, CA.