I recently upgraded to V8 on my desktop and I'm very disappointed by some facts:
- I have several types with the same name or a same approching name like "Carte de credit", "Carte de crédit", "Carte de Cr..dit" with katakana characters.
- I don't see these extra types on my V8 for Iphone
- I can't delete type(s)???
- And even I can delete a type, I can't delete these extra types with no item because SplashID 8 don't display the number of item in each type.
- I can't change several items from one type to another, I have to do the job one at a time and it's painful.
- I'm afraid to revert to V7 on desktop and loose my database on iphone when I resync or export these "artefacts"
Please, send me advices...and quickly solve these regressions from V7 features.
A french friend.
Thanks for contacting us. First locate and rename the SplashID Data folder:
1) open the file explorer
2) browse to Documents\SplashData\
3) you may find both a “SplashID” and a “SplashID.8” folder
4) click each folder name, to make it editable, and add .old to the end, so it’s SplashID.old, and SplashID.8.old, respectively.
Now make sure you update to the latest version of the app.
Then launch the SplashID Desktop again, and go through the guided setup.
Now to get your data back:
- If you have good data on the cloud, it will download automatically.
- If you have good data on the Android app, use the Backup command found in Settings on the SplashID Android app. Then do a WiFi sync with the SplashID Desktop (you may wish to set the sync setting to handheld overwrites desktop first).
- If you have good data on the iPhone / iPad app, use the Send Records command in the Settings screen to send yourself all records as a vID file via email. Then do a WiFi sync with the SplashID Desktop (you may wish to set the sync setting to handheld overwrites desktop first).
- If you need to restore a backup vID file, you can just find the backup file you want to import and double-click it. You will need to enter the password that was set at the time the backup file was exported.
Auto-backup files are saved here:
Thanks for contacting us. SplashID 8 does support Unicode, but you are correct, it only supports it with data entered or edited in version 8, as old legacy data is not in Unicode format.
But this issue is now resolved going forward.
And for the record, we only charge $19.99/year.
SplashData has been a leading provider of security applications and services for over 10 years. The company's secure password and record management solution SplashID Safe has over 1 million individual users worldwide as well as hundreds of business and enterprise clients. SplashData was founded in 2000 and is based in Los Gatos, CA.