Can you consider adding the following features to version 8? (Desktop Windows and iOS)
- An "Archive" Type or tag so old records can be saved for future use, but not get in the way when trying to find a record if browsing a long list. For instance, if you stop using Netflix, that account can be reactivated in the future so you wouldn't want to delete the SplashID record but you also wouldn't want to have to page past it every time while looking for something else.
- AutoFill option for Chrome Browser for clients who want to use WiFi Sync (not Cloud Sync.) Also, the ability to set Chrome as the default browser if activated from SplashID directly.
- For SplashID records of the "Web Logins" type, automatically accept the URL field as a valid URL. I currently have to change the format to include "http://..." before it is recognized as a URL. (Example: google.com in the URL field is not clickable)
- When clicking on URLs, automatically activate that page's login and autofill the drop-down or pop-up frame. Many pages do not have their UserID and Password boxes displayed directly on their front page and do not offer a direct URL to the login screen. (Example: http://www.libertyellisfoundation.org/ )
- For WiFI sync users, ability to save a new login from the browser window instead of having to manually create it in SplashID. If this feature is already available in IE, then make it work in Chrome.
In general, SplashID's apparent pressure to use Cloud Sync is making me uncomfortable. These are our most private records stored in SplashID and I feel a bit more in control of my own security with WiFi Sync only. If SplashID features continue to be served primarily to Cloud Sync users (like the currently implemented Chrome Extension), then I will eventually have to find an alternative.
I have been happily using SplashID since about 2002. Looking forward to a polished version of SplashID 8 very soon!
Thanks so much for your taking the time to share your feedback with us. We will take this into consideration when updating the app in the future.
SplashData has been a leading provider of security applications and services for over 10 years. The company's secure password and record management solution SplashID Safe has over 1 million individual users worldwide as well as hundreds of business and enterprise clients. SplashData was founded in 2000 and is based in Los Gatos, CA.