Tried to install 8 on my MacBook Pro. Seems to have installed ok but.... login screen comes up pre-populated with my email address. Then, I enter my password. Then, it just crashes. OVER AND OVER.
Thanks for contacting us. First locate and rename the SplashID Data folder:
1) open the finder
2) click the Go menu, then Go to Folder
3) copy and paste in: ~/Library/Containers/com.splashdata.splashidmac/
4) hit enter
5) click the folder name, to make it editable, and add .old to the end, so it’s com.splashdata.splashidmac.old
Then launch the SplashID Desktop again, and go through the guided setup.
If you have good data on the cloud, it will download automatically.
- If you have good data on the Android app, use the Backup command found in Settings on the SplashID Android app. Then do a WiFi sync with the SplashID Desktop (you may wish to set the sync setting to handheld overwrites desktop first).
- If you have good data on the iPhone / iPad app, use the Send Records command in the Settings screen to send yourself all records as a vID file via email. Then do a WiFi sync with the SplashID Desktop (you may wish to set the sync setting to handheld overwrites desktop first).
- If you need to restore a backup vID file, you can just find the backup file you want to import and double-click it. You will need to enter the password that was set at the time the backup file was exported.
Auto-backup files are saved here:
Mac (v.7): ~/Library/Containers/com.splashdata.splashidmac.old/Data/Library/SplashID Safe/Backup/
Mac (v.6): ~/Library/SplashID/Backup/
Tip: Since the Library folder is hidden on Mac OS 10.7 or later, the easiest way to get to the backup folder is to
1) Open the finder
2) Click the Go menu, then Go to Folder
3) copy and paste the full path above.
That’s odd. Can you try copying the vID file to the desktop and then double click it?
SplashData has been a leading provider of security applications and services for over 10 years. The company's secure password and record management solution SplashID Safe has over 1 million individual users worldwide as well as hundreds of business and enterprise clients. SplashData was founded in 2000 and is based in Los Gatos, CA.