Use 22.214.171.1243 desktop win7
iOS 8.3 SplashID Ver 8.0.6
Hi support team,
since update to V8 I cannot sync local. I always get a failure message of password mismatch. Can you help
Thanks for contacting us. We haven’t changed anything with WiFi sync in version 8.
Here are some possible reasons for WiFi sync not working:
1. The SplashID email address does not match on the handheld client and the desktop client. Make sure it is exactly the same.
2. The master passwords do not match. Make sure they are exactly the same (capitalization included).
3. The SplashID desktop app is not running or it is in a locked state. Login to the SplashID desktop app on Windows or Mac.
4. The SplashID desktop app is not allowed through your firewall software. Make sure it is allowed. Or, temporarily disable any firewall and antivirus software completely (including any built-in ones for your OS or hardware) and see if WiFi sync works fine then.
5. The desktop computer and mobile device are not on the same WiFi network. Make sure WiFi is turned on on both devices AND they are connected to the same network. If your WiFi router has both a Guest and a named network, please make sure the mobile device is connected to the named network. (Note: The computer can be connected to the network/router via a LAN wire instead of WiFi, that works too.)
6. There is a VPN, virtual machine, or other network interface active on your computer. This can cause the SplashID desktop app to latch onto the wrong network interface. Please disable any other interfaces besides the WiFi network or the Ethernet if that is what the desktop computer is connecting to. For example, disable Bluetooth/etc.
Please try exiting both apps, and restarting your computer and your mobile device to see if that clears it up.
Please also try power-cycling your WiFi router/modem – disconnect from AC power for 10-15 seconds.
Thanks for contacting us.
Here are instructions (don’t worry about the length here, it’s actually straightforward following each step).
First locate and rename the SplashID data folder:
1) Open File Explorer
2) browse to Documents\SplashData\
3) you may find both a “SplashID” and a “SplashID.8” folder
4) click each folder name to make it editable, and add .old to the end, so it’s “SplashID.old”, and “SplashID.8.old”, respectively.
Now make sure you update to the latest version of the SplashID for Windows app here:
Launch SplashID for Windows again, and go through the guided setup.
Now to get your records back:
- If you are using Cloud Sync, records will download automatically. If you want to use different records, you can choose a different backup from your SplashID Backup folders in the main menu.
- If you are using WiFi Sync and have good records on the SplashID for Android app, use the Backup command found in Settings on the Android app. Then do a WiFi sync with SplashID for Windows (you may wish to set the sync setting to “Handheld overwrites desktop” first).
- If you are using WiFi Sync have good data on the iPhone / iPad app, use the Send Records command in the Settings screen to send yourself all records as a vID file via email. Then do a WiFi sync with SplashID for Windows (you may wish to set the sync setting to “Handheld overwrites desktop” first).
- If you need to restore a backup vID file, you just find the backup file you want to import and double-click it. You will need to enter the password that was set at the time the backup file was exported.
Auto-backup files are saved here:
If you are using SplashID 8, the password is global, so restoring a backup will revert to the old password locally, but after you login it will want you to enter the new password that it gets from the server.
What I would try first is simply entering the same old password in the field requesting the new password and see if that clears it up.
SplashData has been a leading provider of security applications and services for over 10 years. The company's secure password and record management solution SplashID Safe has over 1 million individual users worldwide as well as hundreds of business and enterprise clients. SplashData was founded in 2000 and is based in Los Gatos, CA.