I just changed my computer from Windows 7 to Windows 8 and have installed version 188.8.131.520 on my new Windows 8 desktop. All seems to work fine however once I close the program for the day, when I reopen the program it has not retained any of the information. I have to keep re-importing the data each day. Please advise. Thank you.
Thanks for contacting us. Please try upgrading to version 8 and see if that resolves the issue:
Thanks for contacting us. Does your password work on other versions of SplashID?
You may need to reset the desktop data. Here’s how.
First locate and rename the SplashID Data folder:
1) open the file explorer
2) browse to Documents\SplashData\
3) you may find both a “SplashID” and a “SplashID.8” folder
4) click each folder name, to make it editable, and add .old to the end, so it’s SplashID.old, and SplashID.8.old, respectively.
Now make sure you update to the latest version of the app.
Then launch the SplashID Desktop again, and go through the guided setup.
Now to get your data back:
- If you have good data on the cloud, it will download automatically.
- If you have good data on the Android app, use the Backup command found in Settings on the SplashID Android app. Then do a WiFi sync with the SplashID Desktop (you may wish to set the sync setting to handheld overwrites desktop first).
- If you have good data on the iPhone / iPad app, use the Send Records command in the Settings screen to send yourself all records as a vID file via email. Then do a WiFi sync with the SplashID Desktop (you may wish to set the sync setting to handheld overwrites desktop first).
- If you need to restore a backup vID file, you can just find the backup file you want to import and double-click it. You will need to enter the password that was set at the time the backup file was exported.
Auto-backup files are saved here:
Ok, the password problem started when you upgraded to version 8?
If so, please uninstall version 8 and reinstall version 7. You can uninstall by double clicking the Uninst executable file found in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SplashData\SplashID Safe\
Then reinstall version 7:
Please find this folder:
Right click it and select Properties. Then check and uncheck the Read Only checkbox. Then click OK, and apply to enclosed items.
Then try the SplashID desktop.
Please let me know if you have any other questions.
SplashData has been a leading provider of security applications and services for over 10 years. The company's secure password and record management solution SplashID Safe has over 1 million individual users worldwide as well as hundreds of business and enterprise clients. SplashData was founded in 2000 and is based in Los Gatos, CA.