I have installed Splash-ID 8 and switched from wifi-sync to cloud sync. On my first desktop PC I re-arranged all my categories, types and icons. When I then synced with my mobile device it worked and I saw all changes on the mobile. Then I downloaded on my second desktop the Splash-ID 8 entries were synchronized but not the categories. It just showed my "old" categories. If I go the cloud version directly on splashed.com there are no categories at all, not the new ones, not the old ones.
Are categories not synced? How to achieve that?
Thanks for contacting us. It sounds like the data on the second desktop is the best, so let’s work with that.
Here’s one way to force the local Windows PC Desktop app data to sync up to the Cloud:
1. Login to SplashID Safe PC Desktop app (the one with good categories)
2. Click the Settings tab on the left panel
3. Click Sync Settings tab
4. Change it to Local WiFi sync
5. Click SplashID Safe on the left panel to exit the Sync settings screen
6. Go back into Settings > Sync Settings
7. Change it to SplashID Cloud Sync
8. Click SplashID Safe on the left panel to exit the Sync settings screen
, then please wait for any sync to finish
9. Login to the Web app using your PC’s web browser and you should see your data:
If it looks ok now, login on the other client apps and they should be corrected.
SplashData has been a leading provider of security applications and services for over 10 years. The company's secure password and record management solution SplashID Safe has over 1 million individual users worldwide as well as hundreds of business and enterprise clients. SplashData was founded in 2000 and is based in Los Gatos, CA.