How to do a FULL reinstall (aka "clean reinstall") of our Windows PC Desktop app: (the below applies to currently latest 8.1.1 PC Desktop app version)
Here are the instructions:
1) Please backup your data from SplashID Safe PC Desktop to a vID file (click the SplashID icon in top left to open the main/Application menu > Export - skip this if you already have such a vID file, or have good records on a mobile app or on our Web app).
2) Then exit SplashID Safe Desktop PC app, if running.
3) Uninstall SplashID Safe PC Desktop app from the Windows Control Panel, the same way you uninstall other Windows programs.
4) Rename folder \Documents\SplashData\SplashID\ to \Documents\SplashData\SplashID.old. That will hide it from the SplashID desktop, but not erase the data in case we need to get it back somehow.
Rename folder \Documents\SplashData\SplashID.8\ similarly to SplashID.8.old too.
(skip one of these folders if it does not exist)
5) Then please delete the SplashID entries from your Registry. To do this:
- Go to your Start Menu and choose Run... (or go to Start screen in Windows 8/8.1) (or press Winkey+R)
- Type in “regedit” (w/o the quotes, press Enter, confirm any UAC prompts)
- Go into the directory HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/SplashData/
- Delete the folders in that directory called SplashID Desktop and SplashID and SplashID Safe (skip any non-existing ones)
- Exit the Registry Editor.
6) Then re-install latest SplashID Desktop PC 8.1.1 app, from here:
and run it and login back to your SplashID account.
7) Now if using Web/Cloud sync, all data should sync back to your PC desktop app.
If you are not using Cloud Sync, first delete any samples, then either import your data from the vID backup file, or sync the data from a device app with Sync setting set to "Device overwrites desktop" for one sync (you may want to backup the device app data first).
And the Desktop app should then work fine.
If you have any questions about the above, OR there is something extra you want to ask us not covered here, you can contact our tech support and we will be happy to assist you - you can do so via filling in the form HERE
or via emailing us to one of our contact emails HERE