NOTE: As of middle of October 2019, our latest 8.2.3 Mac Desktop app has major crashing issues, plus has been blocked from running by Apple, saying it will damage your Mac computer. No such damage can or will happen, but for now we recommend using the older 8.2.0 Mac Desktop app version due to this.
While using Cloud Sync, if your records look fine & complete (no new records or edits missing) on the SplashID Web app, please follow these instructions exactly to completely uninstall and reinstall SplashID Safe Desktop app on your Mac (don't worry about all the steps, it's straightforward):
1) Quit SplashID Safe Mac Desktop app, if running.
2) Please uninstall SplashID Safe Desktop app from your Mac by dragging it from Applications folder to the Trash Can. And remove any SplashID icons from your Mac OS Dock.
3) Rename the folder ~/Library/Containers/com.splashdata.splashidmac to ~/Library/Containers/com.splashdata.splashidmac.OLD
Please note this Library folder is a special hidden folder on newer macOS versions.
So, to reach it special steps are required - to do this:
- Switch to the Mac OS Finder (click Finder icon in your Dock, or use Command key+Tab to switch to it, or click with the mouse outside the active window area)
- Then please hold down Alt/option key on your keyboard (on older Macs - ), then click the Go in menu bar with the mouse, select the Library folder. Or, alternatively do it the other way round - click the Go menu in the menu bar with the mouse, now press and hold the Alt/option key on your keyboard so the Library choice appears, and click that with the mouse. (the menu bar is located at very TOP of your Mac display above any current app window, or above your desktop if all windows are minimized)
If you do this correctly, the Library choice should show among the other menus - please see screenshot (where Library is between Home and Computer menus)
- Now double click on Containers folder
(OR as an alternative, click Go menu, then click Go to Folder... or invoke the same menu via Shift+⌘+G – a small window will show, enter ~/Library/Containers/ into the box, press Enter or click Go button with the mouse.
- Containers folder will open, now scroll down if necessary and click on com.splashdata.splashidmac folder
- If you see a folder named com.splashdata.splashidsafe in Containers folder, rename it the same way. Then if you also see folders called SplashID or SplashID Safe in the /Library/ folder, rename those the same way to "SplashID.old" and "SplashID Safe.old" respectively.
4) Then please delete any Preferences file(s):
and any other files you find in the Preferences folder with the word "splashid" in their file names.
5) Re-install the older SplashID 8.2.0 Mac Desktop version from here:
6) Run the newly installed Mac Desktop app. At this point you should see the program run in set up mode, please follow the setup steps to login to your SplashID account.
Note: IF you use latest macOS Catalina released in Oct 2019, you may get a prompt the app was blocked due to it not being able to be checked for malicious software. If so, please use fix steps here:
SplashID Mac Key Safe/Desktop app - bypass macOS Gatekeeper
7) Sync, and the data from your Web app will be re-synced back to Desktop. And the Mac Desktop app should then work fine. You can now re-attach the SplashID Mac app to your Mac OS Dock, if you wish.