Thanks for contacting us. First locate and rename the SplashID Data folder:
1) open the Windows File Explorer (Windows 8.x or higher)/Windows Explorer (for older Windows versions)
2) browse to Documents\SplashData\ and find the SplashID folder there.
3) Right-click the folder name and choose Rename, then add .old to the end, so it becomes SplashID.old
Now make sure you update to the latest version of the app:
Then launch the SplashID Desktop again, and go through the guided setup.
Now to get your data back:
- If you have good data on the cloud, it will download automatically.
- If you have good data on the Android app, use the Backup command found in Settings on the SplashID Android app. Then do a WiFi sync with the SplashID Desktop (you may wish to set the sync setting to handheld overwrites desktop first).
- If you have good data on the iPhone / iPad app, use the Send Records command in the Settings screen to send yourself all records as a vID file via email. Then do a WiFi sync with the SplashID Desktop (you may wish to set the sync setting to handheld overwrites desktop first).
- If you need to restore a backup vID file, you can just find the backup file you want to import and double-click it. You will need to enter the password that was set at the time the backup file was exported.
Auto-backup files are saved here:
*Note* If your data directory is not in the default location, that could explain why renaming the data folder didn't work. You need to find the data folder for SplashID. The default location is Documents\SplashData\SplashID\ but maybe yours is different. Find that, rename it SplashID.old, then launch the SplashID Desktop and it will be reset.