If you get the error from Mac OS X 10.8/10.9/10.10 telling you that the app cannot be run because the developer is not identified, or that it is damaged, you can get around this:
1. Go to System Preferences > Security.
2. Click the lock in the bottom left to authenticate.
3. Select the "Anywhere" option for "Allow applications downloaded from."
4. Run SplashID Key Safe app again.
5. Now you can go back to system prefs and change the security setting back to "Mac App Store and identified developers."