The below information explains the macOS Gatekeeper issues with Mac Key Safe app and our latest Mac Desktop app released in Oct 2019, and gives steps how to solve them.
(Article last updated on Oct 10th 2019.)
--- Mac Desktop app ---
PROBLEM: On latest macOS 10.15 Catalina, trying to use latest SplashID Safe Mac Desktop app version 8.2.3 from October 2019, I am getting a prompt from my macOS that it cannot check the app for malicious software, blocking the app from running. How do I fix this?
ANSWER: This is a known issue.
Please follow these steps to fix it:
1. If an alert shows saying “SplashID Safe can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software” -->
then you need to explicitly provide the permissions to launch the new SplashID Safe app.
2. To do this, please click on the Apple logo in top left -> Go to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy.
3. At the bottom of the screen, you can see a button which says “Open Anyway”. Click on the button and complete the other steps to launch the new SplashID Safe app.
Please note once done, you do not need to do these steps again.
For more information please refer to this Apple KB article (near the bottom of the article, scroll down):
Safely open apps on your Mac
--- Mac Key Safe app ---
ANSWER: If you get an error from Mac OS X 10.8/10.9/10.10 or higher/newer telling you that the Mac Key Safe app cannot be run because the developer is not identified, or that it is damaged, you can get around this.
Please just follow these steps:
1. Go to System Preferences > Security.
2. Click the lock in the bottom left to authenticate.
3. Select the "Anywhere" option for "Allow applications downloaded from."
4. Run SplashID Key Safe app again.
5. Now you can go back to system prefs and change the security setting back to "Mac App Store and identified developers."
IF the above steps do not work, and/or you have any problems or extra questions about your SplashID Safe Mac Desktop app/Mac Key Safe app not covered above, please ask us for help by submitting a support case HERE or by emailing us directly to one of our contact email addresses listed HERE.